Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Paleo update #2 and me being sick :P

My paleo journey is WONDERFUL, I'v never felt better, lighter and satisfied! :))) I feel free to enjoy many lovely and tasty foods and treats like dark chocolate, cacao (of which I spoke in one of my posts), I also treated myself with couple glasses of red wine and I "supply" myself with almonds. But I feel like I tend to have some of that too often and too much of it.

As I mentioned before, I tend to be lazy and thus I reach for cottage cheese, almonds, cacao and yoghurt when I feel hungry. I rarely make myself eggs or meat with vegetables. I cook when I do it for two of us, me and my boyfriend. Otherwise I reach for something that is easy to prepare or doesn't need preparation whatsoever. Usually these foods are ones mentioned above plus fruit (apples and oranges). It's not the first time I'm experiencing something like that, I used to reach for roasted and salted peanuts or pastries with cheese and ham (thankfully not anymore:). I feel all these extra fats (in nuts) and dairy products are making me phlegmy.

I also got sick during the weekend. I now have inflammation of the bladder. I drink bearberry tea and water and it seems to help, I'm feeling better. Luckily I started drinking this tea early enough and I won't need medication to cure the disease (again!). :) Even if eating too much of the above is not the reason for my current condition, it got me thinking. What if I'm exaggerating with dairy and fat intake and if I'm not helping myself this way? What if it was better for me to go back to eating grains and stop this overdozing with what's supposed to be healthy and good for me?

Well, if I'm completely honest, I didn't think of quitting even once. I love this way of eating, it's just it requests some effort of me and even though I don't like to admit it, it's something "new" for me, something I'm not used to. I obviously want something better for myself, it's just a question of my will and willingness to make effort in this direction. And this was always a struggle for me. :P

Today I ate my last piece of chocolate that was waiting for me in the drawer :) and stuffed my face with cottage cheese. I have to decide, where I want to go from here. Do I want to continue my day drinking cocoa and munching on almonds or start my next meal with veggies? Do I want to start my next day with a package of cottage cheese or make myself some eggs with carrots on the side? These are just a few examples of what I'm going to focus on this week. I want to make more effort in making good choices for myself and thus gain more satisfaction and self-confidence. If I'm doing something I know I put some effort in it, I can give myself some credit for it and be proud of myself. This is what I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment