Pages

Sunday 11 March 2012

This week's theme and new decisions

During the last few days I noticed that doing only Zuzana's and bodyrock workouts isn't enough for me. I lack physical condition and I can't achieve endurance level I want to by jump rope jumping at home. It's good for fat loss, but not for overall conditioning. This is why I intend to incorporate running to my weekly routine.

I was running for a couple months a few years ago, but I was way skinnier back then and since then I randomly ran when I decided on taking a walk. But that's not enough for me.

On Wednesday I got invited to join a group of recreative runners on Tuesday to come. That's why I went for a run with my boyfriend. I was huffing and puffing and was very unpleased with myself. But then I decided that I'm going to finish what I started and managed to complete the course we decided on. It's really nice to accomplish something, but I know and feel I can do more. What is more, I want to be able to have more endurance. I think it's a part of common physical fitness.

I aim to be able to run for an hour or 10 km at least. This is my goal. I don't want to run marathons and this kind of physical and mental exhaustion doesn't make much sense to me. Besides having nice muscle tone I want to be in good physical condition, that's all. Health is my priority.

This decision does not exclude workouts, far from it. I just decided that this week I'm adding an extra 20 min of jump rope skipping after workouts. And since I realised that the weakest are my legs, I will focus on building "leg strength" this week. I will pick shorter workouts that focus on legs and butt and add skipping afterwards. I will definately do ZWOW #8 and maybe pick some workouts from bodyrock archive.

That's it for now, wish me luck on Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment