Pages

Wednesday 22 August 2012

MyWO #2 - putting my own routines together

Hello, healthy and injury-free people out there! You're probably wondering, what the hell means "MyWO". It means My workout and it labels the workout I put together. The reason behind me putting a workout together (and the #2 mark indicaties the second one) is my injured foot. Fortunately I did not break anything (as I assumed a couple days ago), but I hurt my tendon that connects foot muscles and lower leg. The first day it hurt like crazy, tears were pouring down my face from pain and I had to jump around on one foot for several hours. Now the pain is nearly gone and I can walk normally, only not far and for longer periods of time.

I don't want to sit on my butt and wait for approx. 6 weeks (!) for my tendon to heal (yes, it normally takes that long), so I decided that I'm going to put my own routines together that don't involve skipping, jumping or extra pressure on injured leg. This means I'm going to get less cardio, but health is more important to me than acchieving certain numbers and goals in certain period of time. I hope some of you who have similar problems can help yourself maintaining your fitness level with these workouts, if not, well, I'll post them anyway. ;)

Here's the workout breakdown:
Do 4 rounds of the following exercises:
1. sumo mini squats (or sumo pulses) - 50 reps
2. side crunch - 20 reps each side
3. swimmer - 30 reps (lay on your belly, legs and arms fully extended, lift chest off the ground, bringing your elbows towards the sides of your body, squezing shoulder blades together - as if you were breaststroke swimming - kind of) :)
4. tricep dips - 20 reps (choose your own style, I did them off a chair with legs extended)
5. 1-2 reptile push up - 10 reps (do 2 side knee tucks - each side one - and a regular push up = 1 rep)
I completed the workout in 22:50 min.

Though there weren't cardio exercises inolved, I got really good burn and was sweatting like crazy. I felt it the most in my shoulders and arms, but also in my ab section. I was kind of surprised that it took me that long, but I did not want to push too much, I was concentrating on my form. And this is the way I'll be doing my exercises from now one. To avoid further injuries.

Have a great week and injury-free workots! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment