Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

MyWO #4

Moody weather, weekend, injured foot and plenty of time to spare ... why not put together another routine that will lift my mood up? :) Yes, I mentioned my foot again and it got a bit worse in the last two days. So I have to be careful and take it down a bit. This is the reason why I did not work out yesterday. Because putting extra pressure on my leg worsens the pain, I focused on abs and shoulders. Here's the workout breakdown:

27 rounds 10/30 intervals
1. crab toe touch - 23, 19, 21
2. chin up - 3, 3, 3
3. in and out butt squeeze - 19, 19, 21 (bridge is your starting position, bring your knees apart and squeeze your butt, bring knees together and squeeze your butt = 1 rep)
4. pike slide - 11, 9, 8 (put a piece of paper or a cloth below your feet, start in a plank position, slide feet forward into pike position, slide back = 1 rep)
5. breakdance pike press - 7, 7, 7 (do a turn - like with breakdance push up - into pike position, do pike press, return to the starting position = 1 rep, alt. sides)
6. bicycle - 38, 35, 37
7. one leg bridge (L) - 17, 16, 18
8. one leg bridge (R) - 16, 17, 18
9. sliding push up - 7, 6, 6 (put a cloth below your feet, start in a plank, walk forward with your arms, dragging your feet behind you, do a push up = 1 rep, than walk backwards and do a push up and so on)
I did all chin ups assisted as always. Even though there wasn't any cardio exercises, I got a really good burn and poured some sweat. If you miss cardio, I suggest you switch crab toe touch for kick ups (do kick ups in crab position) and butt squeezes for sumo pulse jump tuck (start in sumo half squat position, do 3 pulses and one jump tuck = 1 rep).

If anyone gives this one a go, please, tell me, how it went. :)

2 comments:

  1. I did your workout today! You really killed my scores in some of these! my abs are not strong. I added one more round. I enjoyed it in a sick kind of way!
    crab toe touch - 27, 21, 22, 21
    chin up - 4, 4, 4, 5 (first 2 round unassisted)
    butt squeeze bridge - 8, 6, 7, 5 (I did a wide then a narrow bridge)
    pike slide crunch - 9, 7, 7, 6
    breakdance pike press - 5, 5, 5, 5 (turning into crab?)
    bicycle - 7, 11, 9, 11 (I just cannot do these! lol)
    one leg bridge L - 8, 9, 9, 9
    one leg bridge R - 9, 9, 9, 9 (how did you do so many!)
    walk forward/back pushup - 4, 4, 4, 4 (walked 3 - 4 forward & back)
    afterwards I did 1000 high knee skipping - my left shoulder was burning! took me 12:03 min

    As a thank-you, if you wish you may try one of mine
    T-Workout #11
    time challenge
    plank toe touches & jump squat 50 rep
    leg swing/back lunge/knee raise 50 rep
    squat on ugi 50 rep
    supergirl plank 50 rep
    plank 3 way jumps - in/out and forward 50 rep
    squat on ugi 50 rep
    leg lift & raise butt up(feet to ceiling) 50 reps
    plank foot dance (move feet out then in) 50 reps
    squat on ugi 50 reps
    I did it on sunday and it took me 36 min 35 sec

    the first move which is a type of burpee took me 8 1/2 minutes itself! ha ha!

    thanks
    tee-w

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, tee, thanks! :) I'm glad you gave it a go. I will definately try yours today, but I'll have to modify a few exercises, since I don't own equipment. I'll let you know my scores.

      Delete