Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

New 400 rep workout - great for six pack

OH, MY GOD! I DID IT!!!!!! :)))))) I decided on doing it earlier than I planned, because I knew I was going to spend sunday with my boyfriend and I was probably going to skip it or take it easy and maybe do just two rounds. Anyway, here is the workout breakdown:

1. one leg burpee - 5 reps on each leg
2. burpee knee raises - 10 reps
3. side burpee knee tuck - 5 reps on each side
4. burpee step up - 5 reps on each leg
5. burpee roll over - 10 reps
6. sumo burpees - 10 reps
7. burpee pull up (substituted pull ups for free weights row, 4,5 kg each) - 10 reps
8. half burpee jump over - 10 reps
9. 2x jump lunge & 2x tapping push up - 10 reps
10. frog burpee - 10 reps
Complete 4 rounds.
My time: 1:12:17.

I had to start modifying exercises after the second round, I also took two short breaks. After the second round I already decided it was eough, but somehow I convinced myself to try another one, this time modified. After the third round I checked my time and said to myself: "if I came so far and if there are others that completed this torture session, I can pull off the final round." And I did. I started shuffling exercises, so I did ones that I felt were the hardest first, and saved "easier" for the end.

I am exhausted, but I am pleased I put myself through this calvary. Comparing to this one, those 20 minute workouts seem like a joke. I can honestly say I won't do it again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment