Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2012

ZWOWs #6 & #5

I'm back doing workouts. I took a week's break due to my period (as I said in one of my older posts). First I planned to take it easy and start with Zuzana's latest ZWOW #6, but realized after 10 minutes passed I didn't have enough. So I reset my interval timer and kicked my butt with ZWOW #5. :)

Here are workout breakdowns and my scores:

ZWOW #6
As many rounds as possible in 10 min:
1. pulse plyo jumps - 10 reps
2. side burpee - 8 reps
3. jump leg kick up - 6 reps
Did 4 rounds & 5 burpees, but continued to finih 5th round.

ZWOW #5
As many rounds as possible in 10 min:
1. bicep curl to shoulder press - 10 reps
2. medicine ball mountain climbers - 30 reps
3. sumo dead lift high pull - 10 reps
4. competition burpees - 5 reps
I was using 2x4,5kg free weights and instead of medicine ball my ricebag. :) Did 3 rounds & 10 mountain climbers, comtinued to finish 4th round.

I struggled through the second ZWOW (even the first one wasn't easy) and I could tell I lost some of my strength during the one week break. But now that I took some rest, I am prepared to build it up again step by step. :)
I also started to follow paleo diet (and way of living), but am still a beginner (so I'm making some modifications :). I feel good and not deprived at all. It may have something to do with my low-carb experimenting in the past, but I feel much better and satisfied now. Thanx to Mark's daily apple, where I get most of information.

1 comment: