Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Visions and paths

Today I was wondering, why is it sometimes difficult for me to stick to my desired eating habits, working out and keep thinking positive. It sounds so appealing and desirable, but every now and then I tend to 'let loose' myself and fall into subconscious behaviour, which does me no good. It's so easy to follow momentary impulses, but this does not bring any form of satisfaction.

Having a goal with no background is where most of us fail trying. It's important that we have a vision of ourselves, that we want something in our lives, picture us in future and make plans for it. But if we don't nurture it every day, someday it becomes difficult for us to see it. It's a shame, because it's a source of power and energy for our growth. If we don't have a vision, then our decisions will sooner or later resolve and eventually disappear. We have to give meaning to what we do, otherwise we face never ending circle of failure, quitting and starting over. It does not have any purpose, whatsoever.

But it's not enough to just have a vision. We have to work for it, strive for its and our fulfillment, put our minds to it and make decisions that bring us towards ourselves every day. It's the effort we put into it and ourselves, it's the path that we've walked and the pick ups we had to make along it. It's the path that defines us, our vision (or goal) is just a result of the moves we took. If my vision is to be strong, healthy and satisfied person, then I won't achieve results I want, if I pay attention to negatives and make decisions that are pulling me away from reaching my goals. If I concentrate on taking steps that support me on my way to achieving what I want, then I will succeed. I will fall sometimes, yes. We are not 100% present all the time, not perfect. But when we fall, it's picking ourselves up that makes us firm, it's the reason for becoming self-dependant. And it's a part of the path, it makes the path whole and with it forms purpose. I.e. we give it puropse.

"You are not what you think you are, but you are what you think." is one of my favourite quotes. I even have it as a signature below my mails. :) And it's the best way to conclude today's post with. I have my vision and now it's up to me, how much effort I'm going to put in to achieve it. I know I will some day and I can tell you Im really looking forward for everything it may come along. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment